I am all for self-improvement... I think every single person should always want to grow and better themselves throughout life.
But sometimes it's tricky to know how exactly to do that.
Sure there are plenty of TED talks and self-improvement books to read (and believe me, I love all those too), but finding simple ways to improve and grow can sometimes prove tricky...but there are plenty of easy things you can do...
Here are 7 easy ways to improve and grow as a person:
- Learn a new skill: pick up a new hobby, learn a new language, or learn a new skill. You never know what you might enjoy or naturally be good at.
- Be picky with your friends: You become like the five people you surround yourself most.... choose wisely.
- Devotionals: Get a good devotional and dive in! It's just good for the soul.
- Learn your personality type: Check out the 16 personality tests and Enneagram, find out what type you are, and learn a little bit more about it. Remember these types do not define you, but it can help you to understand more about how you tick and how you can improve your interaction with different kinds of personalities.
- Journal/Braindump: Get your thoughts out on paper, so they aren't taking up space in your brain.
- Clean up your physical space: This might seem like an odd one, but it does help... Less clutter = Less distractions.
- Travel: You may be surprised at how much you can learn and grow while traveling. You not only learn new things, but you grow to appreciate what you already have.
Of course, these aren't the only ways way that you can work on self-improvement and grow as a person, but these are some simple things that you can start doing now to work on your self-improvement.
"If you’re always trying to be normal, you will never know how amazing you can be."