Girl, I know that feeling of being completely overwhelmed & tired .... but also having so much to do.
It feels like a never-ending cycle. You start to believe that this is just how life is..... get up, take care of the kids, clean house, work, run errands, playdates, school, cook dinner, do laundry....the list goes on and on.
I totally get it. But, here's the good news........ it doesn't have to be like this.
There is more to life than just getting by.....there is so much more than just going through the motions.
If you want to stress less & relax more, you must learn how to protect your time.
I love the qoute from Harvey MacKay
“Time is free, but it's priceless. You can't own it, but you can use it. You can't keep it, but you can spend it. Once you've lost it you can never get it back.”
How true those words are! Kind of puts things into prospective, yeah? We've been blessed with the time we've been given, so don't waste it being overwhlemed with too many activites, don't spend it just going through the motions.... simplify your schedule, so you can actually enjoy life even more!
Here are 3 steps to simplify your schedule:
- Think about what truly matters to you/ your family
- This has to be the first step when simplifying your schedule. Knowing what truly matters to you and your family will help you set guidelines and boundaries (which will help you in the next step).
- Say no to the things that don't matter
- Once you have defined what truly matters to you and your family, start saying no to the things that don't fit into to those values and/or would cause you stress.
- Don't let the pressure or guilt get to you
- Here's the tough one....especially for all you people pleasers out there, but I'm here to tell you that it is time to let go of the guilt. I know that it's so easy to say yes to different commitments to make other people happy, but it's time to start being protective of your time. If you are already stretched thin, or you know something is going to cause you stress....it's okay to say no. Don't let any amount of pressure or guilt get to you and cause you more stress.
Remember... Your time is precious, be protective of it. Simplify and enjoy life more.